The Award in Education and Training is a short, introductory, knowledge-based teaching qualification and has no minimum teaching practice requirement - except to engage in a short microteaching session - so may be undertaken by individuals who are not in a teaching role or who have just started a teaching role.
This qualification is designed for people who:
•Are not in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role
•Want a short qualification
•Want a qualification without a minimum teaching practice requirement
This training helps individuals who are new to teaching to develop an understanding of how to deliver inclusive and engaging training programmes that meet learners' needs.
Assessment is by two examinations and one assignment (including a micro-teaching session)
This course is certificated by the Charted Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH).
Cost: £1,250 per person
22nd, 29th January, 5th, 12th, and 19th February 2018
- Develop understanding of the teaching role and responsibilities
- Learn how to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- Plan, deliver and evaluate inclusive teaching and learning
- Develop understanding of the types and methods of assessment used in education and training
- Learn how to involve learners and others in the assessment process
Understand requirements for keeping records
Full course details can be found on the CIEH web site (click here).